Worst Nightmare

Discussion in 'Chatter' started by Sami B, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Sami B

Sami B Member

Delete if not aloud.
    Hello ladies I need some support and some of your prayers. This has been a really long week for me and my family. My baby George is 3 months old. He got sick last week. We took him to the emergency room at IHC in Murray Utah. They life flighted him up to Primary Children’s Hospital. He was put on the PICU unit. George started out with a CPAP mask to help him breath. That wasn't helping as well as the doctors wanted so they put a breathing tube down his throat. He has been diagnosed with RSV and Pneumonia.
    Respiratory syncytial (sin-SISH-uhl) virus, or RSV, is a common respiratory virus that usually causes mild, cold-like symptoms. Most people recover in a week or two, but RSV can be serious, especially for infants and older adults. In fact, RSV is the most common cause of bronchiolitis (inflammation of the small airways in the lung) and pneumonia (infection of the lungs) in children younger than 1 year of age in the United States. It is also a significant cause of respiratory illness in older adults.
    We do not know when he will be released from the hospital. We could use all the prayers that you can give. I have set up a go fund me page as my husband and I are about 150 miles from home.
    I am terrified that he is not going to make it home but am trying to stay positive. I made a layout while I was sitting at the hospital with him today. It shows looks like not sick and how horrible he look sick.

PICU.jpg

2. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

Oh, Sami, my heart and prayers are going out to you!
    You and hubby are going through an emotional trauma, a parent's worst nightmare.
    Hang in there and stay positive.

Sami B likes this.
  3. Sami B

Sami B Member

I'm trying to but everyday there is something new that is wrong. This is the hardest thing I have ever been through on my entire life.

4. LisaAdmin

LisaAdmin Rockin Ninja Boss Staff Member

Oh gosh, Sami! Payers for you and your family!

5. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

What a tragedy. You and your family are surely "walking through the fire"
    Been thinking a lot about you these past few days and prayers are still flowing your way.

6. LoveitScrapit

LoveitScrapit Designing Ninjas Staff Member

Prayers and positive thoughts. Hang in there mama.

7. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

Any update?

8. Romajo

Romajo Designing Ninjas

Hope he's winning the struggle, so you all can be relieved. Sending thoughts and good vibes your way!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  9. neeltje

neeltje Late Bloomer

Oh, this poor little man. I hope he will get better soon

10. JenniferJ

JenniferJ The Nut of my Kingdom

Is there any news? I'm just seeing this but my thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope all is well.

11. crazsquaw

crazsquaw Challenge Master

Sending my continued love and prayers sweets... ❤️

UPDATE (from yesterday) on little George: his momma has been able to hold him, but the little man isn’t eating on his own. Once he does, he will be able to go home.

@Sami B

12. Romajo

Romajo Designing Ninjas

Good to hear his mom was able to hold him, hopefully it will give him the strenth to eat on his own so he can go home where he should be.
    {{{hugs & prayers}}}

13. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Hopefully little George will eat and be healthy again.
    Please keep us informed to his progress.

14. crazsquaw

crazsquaw Challenge Master

Update for @Sami B :)
    Little George has been released from the hospital and is back with Mom and Dad ♥

15. Tammys_Scrapping

Tammys_Scrapping I run with Scissors

Thank you for the fantastic update, Becki!!

16. Romajo

Romajo Designing Ninjas

Awesome! Welcome home little George! Don't scare Mum & Dad again like that...

17. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

Fantastic news! Celebrate and give him a BIG hug from all of us!