VP #1- November 2019

crazsquaw

Challenge Master
Looking for some variety in your challenges? This one will be FUN!! This challenge runs from 11/1-11/30/2019
This challenge is about Inchies and Layers...if you have no clue what I am referring to, I will explain below. ;)

A couple of years back I would see these often, there would even be some challenges to just create these as a single element (maybe you would add it to a card or ATC? Not sure what their reasoning was, but I enjoyed it!!) You are most likely reading this now and thinking 'oh boy, that sure looks like a lot of instructions down there...' TRUST ME, it's not hard at all! ♥

Inchies are referring to an inch in size- whether it be a circle, square or other shape (usually it was one of those) that would be put on your background in a pattern, say a blocking pattern. Many of these would have layers of elements on them, which is where the Layers part of this challenge comes in. The layered elements would be on top of the base piece (doily, tile or a paper shape etc) and there would be minimal overlap of the edge of the base, some is allowed (like the edge of a leaf, part of a letter, edge of a flower, corner of another piece of paper shape or photo, etc).

Your challenge is to create at least 5 different inchies with at least 3 layers of goodies on them! You may repeat some elements, but these inchies cannot be the same. I want to see them on a page too- You can use photos on these also, but the inchies have to each be no larger than 2 inches in size, and all be the same size. Shadowing is also an important element in this challenge, as it displays the layers you have added and created for your piece.

To add some pizzazz to your page, if you like, you may use your inchies alone with some type of word art or journaling- making sure they are in a pattern like a block or other shape. OR you can use them as an element shape design on your page along with photos etc.

I will add some links here, for those who are still confused (you can google 'Inchies' and probably find several examples also) And I will have my page done by Saturday 11/2 for you as well.

**Definitions

**Craftables

**Pinterest

**Pinterest

**Googled 'inchies' images:
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1PRFC_enUS865US866&q=inchies&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi79bOYuMrlAhUjgK0KHfT7AngQsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1440&bih=745

"Here are the requirements that must be met for all PDW Challenges to receive points:
1. To receive points you must Use at least one item from a Plain Digital Wrapper Designer- You can use retired PDW products, freebies, and store collabs. BUT the designers have to be still active (except in the case of collabs)
2. Be a new layout created for this challenge.
3. Be only entered in 1 challenge category.
4. Upload your layout to the Variety Pack Challenge Gallery and post the link and photo in this thread.
5. Your page must be posted by the last day of themonth in order to receive points.

You will receive one Wrapper for completing thechallenge and a Bonus Wrapper for using ALL PDW products if you keep track in the It's a Wrap Thread!! Those add up quickly-and 20 points will get you a $5 gift certificate to the PDW store
!"

Last edited:
Reactions: lou

KAPOH

I think this is what you are talking about - I did this in 2010 (!) here at PDW. (I'll have to think up another subject - maybe the zodiac we are all familiar with!)