Vicki asked so here it is!!

AnneofAlamo

first off, I am all about learning and teaching any and all! I love this craft and want others to love it too!

there I made this layout and Vicki asked how to do it...I am working with Adobe CS(basic model)

here is the big trick..
using the rectangular marquee tool (I seriously had to open it to find out what it was called) I call it the square/circle cutter/copier thing...

so now stop laughing and go to your picture
and use the tool to copy (I SAID COPY DO NOT CUT) the part you want to be folded or change perspective on!!!
IMPORTANT do not CUT...because you might mess up! guaranteed!

So now that copy you made is going to change/transform
go to edit
TRANSform
perspective
and play til you get it right!

ONCE you get it how you like it...if the other pic is showing..just erase that part! ha ha
I put the little thankful to cover the part that just didn't look right!
ARtist that I am!!

oops...for the frame to match I copied it along with the picture and linked them together...

if you have questions....I'm here way to much

Last edited:

Vicki

Designing Ninjas
Staff member
Oh Anne, I am forever in your debt! Exactly how much chocolate do I owe you for this one? Thanks ever so much for sharing this super technique!

crazsquaw

Challenge Master
Such a cool look, and gorgeous page...I use Microsoft PhotoDraw, so I will be definately checking this out too see if I can do it too!

jenjenjasp

Head Gallery Ninja
well, so you have! you gotta link it back to that layout...fabulous. I need to catch up on layouts, so I want to try somethign like this.

GlitterQueen

OK, that is a really cool technique - just to make sure I got it right though, you're doing the perspective on the photo and the frame both? And do you then have to shade the photo yourself to get the mark between the floor and the wall or does it do that automatically (guess I could try it and find out, but i'm too lazy, haha!).

P

physioscrapper

Thanks for highliting this tutorial again! I was stuck on the frame thing... should have thought of the obvious to link the 2 together right at the beginning!!! Fantastic tutorial....now to find the right pic!

Catlady

Oh WOW!!!!! This lo is way to cool. I love how you did this. Will have to try this someday. Love it. Thanks so much for sharing. Your awesome.
Mary

ColdFire

Designing Ninjas
Oh Anne ... something about you just makes me want to jump through the computer and sit down to have cup of coffee with ya!

AnneofAlamo

OK, that is a really cool technique - just to make sure I got it right though, you're doing the perspective on the photo and the frame both? And do you then have to shade the photo yourself to get the mark between the floor and the wall or does it do that automatically (guess I could try it and find out, but i'm too lazy, haha!).
when you butt the copied part of the picture up against the regular pic it makes that line..lol...it's magic!