PSE - creating QPs from layouts

jenjenjasp

Head Gallery Ninja
Creating quickpages is a fun way to share with others - with the designer's permission of course. And there are various ways to do it. I create mine a little differentl than using the magic wand, because I noticed sometimes it deleted shadow with it, etc. I figured out a way to keep everything looking exactly the way it did on my layout - if anyone wants it.

Here is how I do it....if you want to use this - this if for PSE - but it is the same for psp (since i use that too) and even PS.

Creating Quickpage for a layout with the pictures on TOP of papers.
(In other words, the photos are making a shadow of it's own.)

1. 1. Create a "layout" that you enjoy or like. if you don't have a picture that matches the kit of choice, that is okay...simply create the layout how YOU would like it to be if you did have a picture. Include ALL of your shadowing as normal. Save your layered layout as psd. or psp. before continuing. The layers are important in this method.
  2. 2. Here comes the fun part! If it is not open already, open your layer palette.
  3. 3. First, make sure your bottom most layer is a raster layer. If it says "Background" - you need to right click on it and select "Make Layer."
  4. 4. If you have a photo (or if there is more than one, start with your bottom-most photo), select that WHOLE photo layer (hold down CTRL key, then click on the layer thumbnail). Keep your selection ON for the next few steps.
  5. 5. If you have only one photo, go to the next step (step 7). If you have MORE than one photo, click on the bottom most layer so it is selected in the layer palette. Then go up to your photo layer, hold down the SHFT key, and click on it. All of your layers from the Photo down should be selected now. Once they are, click Delete.

Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each photo you have. Go to the bottom most photo left remaining, and repeat these two steps.
  6. 6. With your selection mode still on, RIGHT click on any layer in the palette and select "merge visible." Once everything is merged, hit delete.
  7. 7. You should now have a single layer with transparent photo areas. if that is what you have, it is time to save!
  8. 8. Do a Save As command. When your box opens, name your QP. Then, under Format, choose the .png option. This allows the smallest files size, highest quality, and still have transparent areas.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: