October CAmera Challenge Selective focus

sandie03

I run with Scissors
October Camera Challenge.
Selective focus
with camera so close up is blurry (out of focus) and point of interest is more distant and sharp/clear.
( Focus the camera on point of interest, lock the focus, then move the camera so it is aiming on nearest object. Shot should take blurry foreground and sharp background).
( Cheats version. (for Photoshop)
1. Find a suitable photo. Duplicate it. Hide the original layer 1.
2. Go to copy layer 2 and select the point of interest with "moving ants" .
3. Copy onto a new layer 3. (This will be your sharp/clear point of interest.) Hide this layer 3.
4. Go to copy layer 2 and apply a filter, blur until the foreground is hazy.
5. Unhide the layer 3.
6. Merge layers 3 and 2.
7. Save with new name.

Scrap in your favourite style.

Here are the requirements that must be met for all PDW Challenges to receive points:
1. To receive points you must use at least one item from a Plain Digital Wrapper Designer- You can use retired PDW products, freebies, and store collabs. BUT the designers have to be still active (except in the case of collabs)
2. Be a new layout created for this challenge.
3. Be only entered in 1 challenge category.
4. Upload your layout to the Camera Wrapping Challenge gallery and post the link and photo in this thread.
5. Your page must be posted by the last day of the month in order to receive points.
6. Add your page to your thread in the Its a wrap thread for 2019.

You will receive one Wrapper for completing the challenge and a Bonus Wrapper for using ALL PDW products if you keep track in the It's a Wrap Thread!! Those add up quickly-and 20 points will get you a $5 gift certificate to the PDW store!

My page to follow.

KAPOH

I used the "cheat" version since I could not figure out how to "set" the focus on either of my two "regular" cameras.

stater

I didn't try the cheating method I just used the macro lens on my camera instead. So I hope I did it right.

lou

I attempted to blur only the foreground. At 600x600, it all looks pretty blurred anyway :confused:o_O

sandie03

I run with Scissors
What beautiful colour trees. Well done on getting the blurry foreground and the clearer tree at a distance. Great job. Thanks for taking part in the Camera Challenge for October.

I used the "cheat" version since I could not figure out how to "set" the focus on either of my two "regular" cameras.

sandie03

I run with Scissors
What a beautiful photo and that silly sunflower with the sunnies on...perfect challege. Thanks for joining in the Camera Challenge for October.

Here's mine, focusing on one silly sunflower in a field with blurry windmill in foreground. Created with Kimberly Stewart's Sunflower Wishes Mini, with sunglasses from her She Sells Seashells kit Addon

https://www.plaindigitalwrapper.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=98175&title=silly-sunflower&cat=500

View attachment 159290

sandie03

I run with Scissors
What lovely colours and details in that leaf.Lovely take on the Camera Challenge for October. Thanks for playing.

I didn't try the cheating method I just used the macro lens on my camera instead. So I hope I did it right.

sandie03

I run with Scissors
Great page design. Love the subtle photo matting/ clustering and the movement in the photo of the blurry boy running away from the camera. Thanks for playing in the October Camera Challenge.

I attempted to blur only the foreground. At 600x600, it all looks pretty blurred anyway :confused:o_O