November 2019 Camera Challenge-

sandie03

I run with Scissors
November Camera Challenge:
November 5 is Guy Fawkes Day in UK ( my childhood home) and in the 50s and 60s we commemorated with bonfires and fireworks, baked potatoes (in the embers) and treacle toffee, skyrockets, jumping jacks and catherine wheels.

Guy Fawkes in 1605 led a plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London, with all the ministers and King James plus the royal family in attendance. The plot was uncovered- 36 barrels of gunpowder were hidden in the cellars.
Since then the episode has been commemorated by the building of neighbourhood outdoor bonfires, fireworks and the burning of a "guy" (a stuffed dummy/ effigy). The 13 conspirators were either shot or tried and sentenced to be hung, drawn and quartered for treason.

Your task is to create a page featuring a photo/ photos of bonfires or fireworks.
Scrap in your favourite style.

Here are the requirements that must be met for all PDW Challenges to receive points:

1. To receive points you must use at least one item from a Plain Digital Wrapper Designer- You can use retired PDW products, freebies, and store collabs. BUT the designers have to be still active (except in the case of collabs)
2. Be a new layout created for this challenge.
3. Be only entered in 1 challenge category.
4. Upload your layout to the Camera Wrapping Challenge gallery and post the link and photo in this thread.
5. Your page must be posted by the last day of the month in order to receive points.
6. Add your page to your thread in the Its a wrap thread for 2019.

You will receive one Wrapper for completing the challenge and a Bonus Wrapper for using ALL PDW products if you keep track in the It's a Wrap Thread!! Those add up quickly-and 20 points will get you a $5 gift certificate to the PDW store!

Tbear

Thanks for explaining the story behind Guy Fawkes day. All my British friends talked about it but I never got the whole story.
Be back later with my layout.

crazsquaw

Challenge Master
Great challenge- I love that you didn't use the theme that is usually done this month!!
And your page is awesome!

stater

Can I do a fire in my fireplace? We aren't allowed to have bonfires here though our idiot lawmakers voted to make fireworks legal. Go figure!

I haven't been to see fireworks in ages & luckily no one around me has shot them off since the 4th. I get such anxiety when they do because I worry about them burning my house down. Needless to say, I no long enjoy the 4th or New Years. They both are just one big stressor for me.

stater

The closest I can come to a bonfire is the fire in my fireplace. I'm not allowed to burn my neighbor's houses down nor the woods behind me. LOL Here's my take on the challenge.