May 2018 Camera Wrapping

sandie03

I run with Scissors
Great page. Love all those facts about the California Quail, and how you arranged them beneath the photos. Thanks for taking part in the Camera Challenge for May.
5-7-2018-PDW-May-2018-Camera-Wrapping-mikweb.jpg

This covey of Quail have traveled through my, and the neighboring back yards twice a day for years. The photos were taken over the time span of 2012 to 2017.

And let me tell you - when they are running across the roof of the house they sound like a herd of thundering elephants! :D

California Quail
View attachment 148916
I used Bluebirds the kit by Kimberly Stewart Designs.

sandie03

I run with Scissors
Lovely page. The black swan is such a regal bird and so striking feathered in black with a bright red beak. I love that you used the black and red accents on your page. Thanks for taking part in the Camera Challenge for May. A tale: early one morning an injured black swan belly-floppped onto my house roof. Poor thing was dragging one wing and had an injured leg. I coralled it into the horse stables, then called a wildlife group to fetch and care for it.
PDW_May18_Camera.jpg
Not my country but hubby's. I had never seen one before visiting.

View attachment 149022

sandie03

I run with Scissors
Lovely page Julia. I love the paint and soft leaves framing this photo. What a sweet bird. I like your journalling story about the bird in Maori culture. Thanks for taking part in the Camera Challenge for May.
J_PDW_Fantail_web.jpg
Fantail always make me smile, they flit around very quickly from tree to tree chattering and cheeping away. They like to taunt cats too, swooping down on them then skipping away. It requires a very quick cat to catch one and I think I've only seen it happen once.

View attachment 149027

lou

What a story, @sandie03 !!

Lovely page. The black swan is such a regal bird and so striking feathered in black with a bright red beak. I love that you used the black and red accents on your page. Thanks for taking part in the Camera Challenge for May. A tale: early one morning an injured black swan belly-floppped onto my house roof. Poor thing was dragging one wing and had an injured leg. I coralled it into the horse stables, then called a wildlife group to fetch and care for it.
View attachment 149157

sandie03

I run with Scissors
Are you moving house or town or country, Kiana? I guess the upheaval and time taken is the same. Take time out for yourself at this gruelling time. When we were younger, I recall moving house twice in 12 months, then 2 years later 3 more times in 6 months...never again I said, and we have been in this house for 38 years.