May 2018 Camera Wrapping

sandie03

I run with Scissors
May 2018

Random Winner for May is Kapoh

I'm in New Zealand on vacation with my daughter, and hoping to capture some photos of the native bird, the kiwi, so our monthly focus is on birds.

Your task is to:
1. Photograph a bird native to your country or your local area ( eg Australia - kookaburra, lorikeets, King parrots)(New Zealand - kiwi),
2. Create a page with either bird theme /papers or camera theme elements/ papers
3. Journal at least three facts about the bird.

Here are the requirements that must be met:
1. Use at least one item from a Plain Digital Wrapper Designer-it can be a freebie as well.
2. Be a new layout created for this challenge.
3. Be only entered in 1 challenge category.
4. Upload your layout to the Camera Wrapping Challenge Gallery and post the link and photo in this thread.

You will receive one Wrapper for completing the challenge and a Bonus Wrapper for using ALL PDW products if you keep track in the It's a Wrap Thread!! Those add up quickly-and 20 points will get you a $5 gift certificate to the PDW store!
And a bonus is an entry into the random draw each month to win a mini courtesy of Lisa at Southern Creek Designs.

My page: Using Picture this by Southern Creek Designs

PDW-Camera-Wrap-May.jpg

Last edited:

Julia

Good luck with that sandie. Kiwi are notoriously difficult to even see much less photograph - you can always buy a postcard. LOL!

Elizabeth Weaver

Designing Ninjas
With all the deer we have in my area, our most obvious bird is a buzzard, and I don't really want to scrapbook what THEY do, lol. Great challenge though - maybe it's time to put out the hummingbird feeder. Thanks Sandie!

sandie03

I run with Scissors
Good luck with that sandie. Kiwi are notoriously difficult to even see much less photograph - you can always buy a postcard. LOL!
Yes, Julia. Too hard to see and a dark blob on a dark background doesn't work. Instead I bought a stuffed kiwi with character, LOL.

Tbear

Here's my story:
Robins are very plentiful...in my front yard, in my back yard, across the street. :)
This time of year they are busy building nests or having their chicks.
I once sat on my front porch and watched as the mother robin pushed the last of the chicks out of the nest.
It fluttered and tried to fly but didn't get very far. The daddy robin protected it and tried to get it to fly.
He succeeded!

Julia

Fantail always make me smile, they flit around very quickly from tree to tree chattering and cheeping away. They like to taunt cats too, swooping down on them then skipping away. It requires a very quick cat to catch one and I think I've only seen it happen once.

J_PDW_Fantail_web.jpg