March 2018 - Wrapping in Color Challenge

Kimberly Stewart

Designing Ninjas
Again, I must apologize for being late this month. Between the flu, having my pc go down and medical issues with other members of the family. I am going to do my best to get ahead this month because at the end of this month, Eric, my other half, is having his foot and part of his leg amputated.

Now, before there are a bunch of questions let me try to shorten his story. He had an accident 25 years ago with his left foot/ankle and shin. He had muscle and skin grafts just so that he could keep the foot. But after 25 years, he is in severe pain all of the time and it causes a major limp that also creates many other issues for him. He asked for this amputation and has had 25 years to think about it. He is already making jokes about his socks lasting twice as long and looking forward to coming up with Halloween costumes. So we are ready for this and think that we are prepared for it.

Your challenge, should you accept it:

1. Use at least 3 of the 6 colors that I’ve provided; they do not have to be exact.

2. Create a new, colorful work of art (layout, card, ATC, hybrid project, mini kit to share with us, etc.) for this challenge only.

3. Use the color swatch to mix and match from your stash and/or the PDW store!

4. Post your fabulous creation in the Wrapping in Color Challenge Gallery here by Midnight EST, on Saturday, March 31st.

5. Be sure to come back to this thread and leave us a link to your masterpiece so that we can all leave you some love and so that I can be sure to get the posting gift to you!

Here are the colors for March:

ColorChallenge-3-18-PickingFlowers.jpg

For accepting this challenge, you will receive this posting gift:

KSTEW_PickingFlowersMini.jpg

The posting gift will be PM’d to you on Thursday, April 1st by me!

The posting gift will be sent to you via PM (the PDW forum private message) so be sure to check your private messages in the forum. You can set your private messaging to send you an instant notification email when you receive a PM!

Don’t forget: All challenges are worth 1 PDW Wrapper. Each layout that is completed and posted in the correct challenge thread and the correct gallery will be valued at 1 Wrapper. 1 Bonus Wrapper will be given if 100% PDW designer product is used to complete the challenge. All Wrapper points will need to be tracked in our It's A Wrap Challenge Tracking thread so that your Wrapper points can be checked and verified. For every 20 wrappers accumulated you will receive a $5.00 gift card for the PDW store!

As requested, I am sharing some kits from my store that I thought would work with the color challenge colors. Just in case you chose to use any of the kits that I post here below, I have placed them 50% off for the month of March!

(click on the kit name to be taken to it in the store)

Sweetheart - the Kit
Remembering - the Kit
Bunny Love - the Kit
Angel Minis - Garden Angel
Bluebirds - the Kit
Turtles - the Kit
Hillbilly Bears Springtime Mini 1
Kissed by Spring – the Kit

Last edited:

JenniferJ

The Nut of my Kingdom
ohh that is so so cute! Love it! I'm sorry you've been under the weather! Hope you are feeling better and I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers. {{hugs}}

lou

I run with Scissors
Hope everyone feels better soon and best wishes for your husband's surgery. Hugs.

Betsyfru

I run with Scissors
Sending prayers your way in hopes that everything will go well with the surgery, recovery and rehab. Thanks for taking the time to let us know and for posting the challenge.

Tbear

I'm repeating what Besty said...prayers for you and Eric and thanks for letting us know. Please keep us informed about the surgery and post op.
Love this challenge and I'm drooling over the posting bonus.

lebjs

A Kiwi living in Oz
Lovely swatch for this month. Kimberly you and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the surgery goes well.