Jan 26: Day of Encouragement

LisaAdmin

Rockin Ninja Boss
Staff member
National Peanut Brittle Day: EWWWW. I am soo NOT a peanut brittle person:hypnosis:

Toad Hollow Day of Encouragement: Do you ever wonder who makes these up?

Lotus 1-2-3 Day: Lotus begins selling its spreadsheet application for Microsoft DOS, called 1-2-3.
1-2-3 was not the first spreadsheet application — it was preceded by VisiCalc. But 1-2-3 quickly became the most popular, helping to boost sales of IBM PCs and PC clones, all of which ran DOS, and facilitating the rapid rise of Microsoft’s operating system.

And here I thought it was a spiritual experience or something.

Thursday! We have almost made it to Friday!

cla

I run with Scissors
Peanut brittle is okay but I'd much rather have chocolate covered toffee instead! So does that mean we are to encourage hollow toads to become less hollow or encourage people to have hollow toads in the first place? Who does make these up? I can't believe it is Thursday already!

mrscwooddell

Digital Gator Designs - Claudette
Yeah, the sad part is that I was actually certified in Lotus 1-2-3...but spreadsheets are spreadsheets...lol They all look the same! ;)
I am thrilled that it is finally Thursday...I may make it to Friday...this week has been a royal bummer! I am thinking I need a tropical vacation myself...lol
Back to work I go! :) Hugs all!

kelly1

Moderator Extraordinaire & Purveyor of Cyber Food
Toad Hollow is also the name of the company that makes little garden gnomes like the one in the commercials. Maybe you should be encouraged to travel or buy gnomes.

It's also the name of a winery. Around here, we have a few people who have obviously been to a whinery.

Maybe I can encourage them to have spiritual experiences with spreadsheets. Or throw concrete lotus garden statues at them.

Can I add some milk to the peanut brittle recipe and stop it at the soft ball stage and make peanut butter fudge instead?

LisaAdmin

Rockin Ninja Boss
Staff member
Mrsc, sorry your week has been stressful. I think I will take the vacation with you.

Chris, chocolate covered toffee does sound good right now. I have some Dove chocolate hidden somewhere in the house...now off to find it!

Kelly... maybe some wine to help the whine? I am sure that it is medicinal in purpose....

Garden gnomes are freaky. The people across the street have a garden gnome figurine in the front yard. They have the uplights shining on it as well. UNfortunately the light shines so that it looks like the gnome is possibly exposing itself to us. He is known as the Jolly Green Giant at our house.

kelly1

Moderator Extraordinaire & Purveyor of Cyber Food
Dr. Tracey Johnson just sent over an order for us to perform home nursing visits on Dr. Tracey Johnson.

Bless her heart.

scrpncrzy

Can I encourage my coworkers to take Valium? Please? It is encouraging them to control their temper and mouth. I do have ducktape and that is much cheaper!!!

I bought my husband bacon peanut brittle for his birthday last year. Darn thing was expensive but funny. Not too bad either. Just salty.

Maybe we could encourage each other to scrap instead?.