Jan 2019 VP#2 - Jan 16-31

Discussion in 'Variety Pack Challenges' started by Fran98765, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Fran98765

Fran98765 Designing Ninjas Staff Member

Hello and welcome to my challenge! I picked this one because my birthday is next week on the 25th. I will be 29. Again. :) My son's birthday was a couple days ago on the 12th and he turned 16. Next week on my birthday I will have a new birthday kit called Sweet 16! :)

For your challenge, you will have to pick some gifts to create your layout! Because gifts are awesome! (Gifts are from It's My Birthday Boy and Girl kits.)

First, pick a theme for your page. Then pick 2 gifts of items to add to your page.

Repeats are ok. If you have to use 5 flowers, you can use the same flower 5 times or 5 different flowers, or any mix to equal 5.

Templates are ok to use if you can find one to suit your list. :)

You are welcome to add any additional items to your page as desired.

Theme choices:

• Birthday
    • Holiday
    • Seasonal
    • Romance
    gift1.png
    GIFT 1:
    • Use 4 or more photos
    • Use lots of ribbons and bows
    • Use 5 papers or more - shapes and paper mats are ok
    • Use 5 or more flowers
    • Use confetti or a scatter
    gift2.png
    GIFT 2:
    • Use at least 3 themed elements
    • Use a larger focal photo, plus any additional photos
    • Have 3 clusters of elements at different areas of your focal photo
    • Have a few sentences of journaling (this can be on the box with your date, if desired)
    • Use a tag, journal card, or blank word strip to date your page (a small box of paper is ok too)
    gift3.png
    GIFT 3:
    • Use 3 or more nature elements (from suns to animals to leaves to etc)
    • Use the color yellow
    • Use 5 elements or papers that you have never used before (no doubling up with other requirements!!)
    • Use a fastener on your page - staple, clip, etc
    • Use 3 buttons
    gift4.png
    GIFT 4:
    • Use 3 hearts or more
    • Use some strings
    • At least one of your photos be of you and your spouse/significant other together
    • Add some sparkle - glitter or sequins, etc
    • How long together with your significant other? Add up the years and make sure you have at least that many elements on your page! Married 20 years = 20+ elements!! :)
    Have fun and create an amazing layout!

Here are the requirements that must be met for all PDW Challenges to receive points:
    1. To receive points you must Use at least one item from a Plain Digital Wrapper Designer- You can use retired PDW products, freebies, and store collabs. BUT the designers have to be still active (except in the case of collabs)
    2. Be a new layout created for this challenge.
    3. Be only entered in 1 challenge category.
    4. Upload your layout to the Variety Pack Challenge Gallery and post the link and photo in this thread.
    5. Please update your thread by the end of the month to assure the points are counted on time.

You will receive one Wrapper for completing the challenge and a Bonus Wrapper for using ALL PDW products if you keep track in the It's a Wrap Thread!!
    Those add up quickly-and 20 points will get you a $5 gift certificate to the PDW store
    !

crazsquaw likes this.
  2. lou

lou I run with Scissors

Awesome idea! And happy early "29 again" birthday to you!

Am I right in understanding that if we choose Gift 3, we can go with a photo-less page?

3. crazsquaw

crazsquaw Challenge Master

Awww I love this...and happy early birthday!!

4. stater

stater Well-Known Member

Since I'm not married & currently have no significant other that leaves option #4 out for me.

Happy birthday to you.

5. stater

stater Well-Known Member

Good question.

6. sandie03

sandie03 I run with Scissors

There's not enough room for me ( Gift 4) . I have been married for 48 years and dated for 5 before that...53 elements...I'll need to count each sequin in the sequin spray. LOL.

7. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

Tbear likes this.
  8. Fran98765

If you pick 2 gifts that don't mention photos then you can do a photoless page.

Thanks for all the early birthday wishes :)

lou likes this.
  9. lou

lou I run with Scissors

Oh thank you! I missed the bit where we had to pick 2 gifts initially! So I guess given all other gifts include at least one photo, it won't be a photo-less page! (I need to improve my reading skills! lol)

10. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

Working on mine today and auditioning my elements stash that go with the photos I've chosen. :)

11. Betsyfru

Betsyfru I run with Scissors

Happy Birthday Fran! Going to work on mine later today!

12. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Well Fran, I hope you have a Happy Birthday. It's getting close. When I first read this challenge I said "What! That's impossible" But after much wiggling around I found it was actually fun.
    Here's what I came up with.

Theme: Seasonal/ Gifts #2 and #3

jan-variety-22.jpg

Tbear likes this.
  13. Betsyfru

Betsyfru I run with Scissors

G.J. and Tbear like this.
  14. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

County-Fair.jpg
    DS and me quite a few years ago. They had these "stick your face through cutouts" around the fair and we both got a laugh out of this one.
    I used Gifts 2 & 3.

15. stater

stater Well-Known Member

I don't usually do layouts like this because they are way too cluttered and or busy. I think it takes away from the photo and journaling which should be the most important part. I also found it a bit confussing using two prompts. With that said I picked gift #2 and gift #3 & I hope I did it right.

[​IMG]

16. sandie03

sandie03 I run with Scissors

I found this very challenging. I chose gifts 1 and 2and used Nutty for New Year bu Heather Z. Scraps.
    PDW-HZ_-NuttyNewYear2.jpg

Tbear likes this.
  17. Fran98765

love all the pages ladies! great job!

18. lou

lou I run with Scissors

I chose gifts 2&3 and the theme is seasonal... I was struggling with finding yellow in a winter kit but then I remembered it is Summer in the other Hemisphere (and Australia, where hubby is from), so I went for Summer!

GDS_Jan19_MHCT_RPtp1_Dae_BC.jpg

19. Windswept

Windswept I run with Scissors

Tbear likes this.
  20. G.J.

G.J. Active Member

Thank you so much for hosting. I chose gifts 1 & 3.
    Football.jpg

Tbear likes this.