Is there a setting for instant notifactions of posts on gallery images?

demma_b13

Designing Ninjas
I have noticed that I don't get emails to let me know that someone has posted a comment on my gallery images and would like to know if there is some setting that I have missed in order to have emails sent to me with the comments. Other shops have this feature and would like to read comments on layouts through email if possible.

Digital Ink

I can't remember but I just looked and when you bring up your photo you can just click on the little env. below the red dot for reporting photo and that will enable notifications. I thought there was something when you uploaded but I don't have anything to upload so I am not sure. I usually try to make sure notifications are set to on when I post/upload but I can't remember getting any notifications and the couple I just checked I had to enable.

demma_b13

Designing Ninjas
Thank you. I always click the yes button to receive email when someone replies but I never get emails even though there are comments being made. I will take a look at what you have suggested and see if I can get it to work.

scrpncrzy

At the top of this thread. (waayyy at the top-at work so I can't screen shot it) is an icon called "thread tools" it is a drop down menu. Click on it to open. Click on Subscribe to thread and it opens a new page. Notification type (drop down menu) chose daily email or immediate email. You can use this for the gallery too. At folder you can create a folder to store them in if you chose for it to notify you in the control panel....easier to leave blank. Click Add Subscription at the bottom to save the choice. You have to go back and unsuscribe if you get tired of a thread.

scrpncrzy

When uploading you can change Want to be notified by email when users post replies? no to yes under extra options but then you have to go back to your notifications in the control panel to get them by email daily or automatically.

demma_b13

Designing Ninjas
I am not having trouble getting emails of posts in the forum that I have commented in, but I don't receive emails of posted comments on my layout images in the gallery even though I make sure the receive emai when someone comments is set to yes when I am uploading the image.

demma_b13

Designing Ninjas
I think I figured out the problem. The gallery profile is separate from the forum profile. I had failed to change the gallery profile with a current email address. I have now changed it so hopefully I will begin to get emails from the gallery postings. Thank you for trying to help me.