Aug VP challenge #1: Create a Magazine Style Page! (free template)

Elizabeth Weaver

Designing Ninjas
This is fun to do occasionally - it doesn't use any scrapping products, really, so no need to hunt through your kit stash for the perfect one. You will instead be writing an 'article'. Find some photos that have a bit of a story to them. We are NOT doing magazine covers, rather the inside scoop! Some ideas are:

Family History/Genealogy stories - a tale your grandmother told you? Use photos of [grandma] and [place or people she told you about] Use google earth for photos of places if you need to.
A story from your childhood you want to preserve for future generations - with photos of you and where you lived or the event took place
Vacation photos with what you learned about where you traveled to
A recipe with cooking instructions and photos of the dish
A letter to your kids with photos of them
Advertise 'products'! Show us your favorite products and come up with advertising text for them! Can be mock or real.

That doesn't even scrape the surface of what we can do! Add your ideas below. We are only limited by our imaginations.

So here is a free OPTIONAL template to use. When you open it you will find the grey photo spots and also lighter grey rectancles where the journaling goes. This is intended as a guide to where to place the journaling, then you delete it or turn the layer off - BUT - you can also use those to add to or adjust your photo places.

As the preview says - your best 'article' font is going to be Times New Roman or Arial - but the large title and subtitle fonts could well be just about anything that matches the style of your story.

Again, the use of this template for this challenge is optional. You can create any magazine page you want as long as it's a story or ad and not a magazine 'cover'.

EMC_MagazinePageTemplate.jpg

"Here are the requirements that must be met for all PDW Challenges to receive points:
1. To receive points you must Use at least one item from a Plain Digital Wrapper Designer- You can use retired PDW products, freebies, and store collabs. BUT the designers have to be still active (except in the case of collabs)
2. Be a new layout created for this challenge.
3. Be only entered in 1 challenge category.
4. Upload your layout to the Variety Pack Challenge Gallery and post the link and photo in this thread.
5. Your page must be posted by the last day of themonth in order to receive points.

You will receive one Wrapper for completing thechallenge and a Bonus Wrapper for using ALL PDW products if you keep track in the It's a Wrap Thread!! Those add up quickly-and 20 points will get you a $5 gift certificate to the PDW store
!"

Julia

Well I'm not sure quite where the 1st disappeared to. And even then I had to make a last minute change as I uploaded. I don't particularly like justified text but I thought it would be more in keeping with magazine style if I justified it and gave it those sharp edges we see in the mags.

KAPOH

This is TOTALLY from my imagination. Took a long time to put together, but it was SO MUCH FUN! Takes me back to my journalism days!

tissie12

Here`s mine:
PDW News Page.jpg