April 2017 Title filled with a photo

sandie03

I run with Scissors
April 2017 Camera Wrapping Challenge
Title filled with photo.

For this challenge, you need a photo with lots of detail and colours, plus a large, wide, or open font... upper case is best.
(Try Cooper std, Gill sans ultra bold, or search for wide, bold, fat, chunky or outline fonts on your favourite font site.)

1. Create your title using your chosen font style, and place it in the spot you want it.
2. On a new layer add your photo, and position it so it covers the title. (I drop the opacity to 25% so I can see the title and photo together.)
3. After adjusting the size and position of the photo to suit, return the the opacity to 100%.
Choose one of the following methods
4. Select the photo layer (top layer) and use Ctrl-alt-G to mask the two layers together (as you would with a mask..the font is the mask),
OR:
4. Use the selection tool on the font layer outline (marching ants), return to the photo layer and create a copy layer of selected part (ctrl-J). Hide or delete the original layers.

Add a stroke border/edge if wanted.

Here are the requirements that must be met:
1. Use at least one item from a Plain Digital Wrapper Designer-it can be a freebie as well.
2. Be a new layout created for this challenge.
3. Be only entered in 1 challenge category.
4. Upload your layout to the Camera Wrapping Challenge Gallery and post the link and photo in this thread.

You will receive one Wrapper for completing the challenge and a Bonus Wrapper for using ALL PDW products if you keep track in the It's a Wrap Thread!! Those add up quickly-and 20 points will get you a $5 gift certificate to the PDW store!

And every challenge submitted will go into a draw. One will win a lovely mini kit by Southern Creek Designs- Side by Side.

Last edited:

sandie03

I run with Scissors
My pages. I used the title font as the embellishments and these great papers and stamps by ARTGAL. Look closely and you can see the part of the photos I used. The font is VTKS animal 2 with a black stroke added.

I hope I look as good as Bev (in purple hat) when I turn 90.

RH-Bev-90-B-2017.jpg

Last edited:

lou

It sounds interesting! Never thought about it before! I will be back next week!

Romajo

Designing Ninjas
Awesome use of kit and alpha. Great look, love that you can see the photo through the letters as well.

Romajo

Designing Ninjas
Loving all the different effects you get.
My first thought was the way Jlynn did it, but I love the artsy look of the other uses as well.
Hope to find time to play in this challenge as well!