Search results

1. kelly1

still alive

Hi all. I'm sorry for falling off the face of the earth the way I have the past few weeks. It's been a really rough past few months. As most of you know, there's just a lot of crap going on. Lost The Dad in May, a lot of upheaval at work, drama with the ex, etc. My laptop crashed, still isn't...
  2. kelly1

September 23 - Space, and Ships

Aye, today be Neptune Day. The planet, not the god of the sea. Maybe this be gettin us out of havin to beg the sea god's favor today, if we remind him we named a whole planet after him. It be Checkers Day. Checkers be a fine game to play relaxin on the deck. Because who knows how to play...
  3. kelly1

September 22 - Elephant Business

This day be the first official day of autumn. Maybe they should be tellin the weatherman, cause it's supposed to be 90 degrees here today. It be Elephant Appreciation Day. I appreciate ye keepin em off me ship. We got enough problem with parrot poop on the deck. It be BandAid Day...
  4. kelly1

September 21 - Parlay?

Avast Ye! Welcome to Day Three of the Talk Like a Pirate Celebration at PDW. This be the International Day of Peace. I s'pose we have to be askin for Parlay to go talk to the opposin cap'n. No pillaging and plank walkin until sundown. Then it's all's fair again! However, it also be...
  5. kelly1

September 20 - More Pirate Talkin

Avast ye! Round these parts, Talk Like a Pirate Day we'll be celebratin' all week! Be sure to check out the fine wares in the shoppe on sale all this week. It's Railroad Station Day. Why ye be wantin to use a railroad when we got a perfectly good ship? Ok, maybe we can plunder it today...
  6. kelly1

September 17 - It was thiiiiiiiiiiiis big...

Today is Constitution Day and Citizenship Day. And how convenient, Walmart has all their red, white, and blue stuff on clearance. Today is Big Whopper Liar Day. The honorary award for that one should go to Junior Samples, Mr. BR549. He was 40 years old, a carpenter during the week and a...
  7. kelly1

September 15 - Hat Dance

Today is International Day of Democracy. See, that's the problem. There's not a lot of democracy internationally. There's a lot of one guy telling everyone what to do. It's Felt Hat Day. Just like you're not supposed to wear white after Labor Day, gentlemen are not supposed to wear felt hats...
  8. kelly1

September 14 - Hi Ho Krispy Kreme!

Today is Department Store Day. The first one opened in 1848. It did not have half the stuff Walmart has. It's Clayton Moore Day. He was the Lone Ranger in the old tv shows. Disney was supposed to be making a Lone Ranger movie starring Johnny Depp as Tonto, but for the moment it's been put on...
  9. kelly1

September 13 - Positives, Peanuts, and Pickles

Today is National Celiac Awareness Day. There is a lot more awareness of Celiac Disease than five years ago. There are also a lot more things they can eat now. It's Scooby Doo's Birthday. Rut row, Raggy. It's Positive Thinking Day. I'm positive I'd like to go back to bed. How's that...
  10. kelly1

September 12 - Trade ya for a....

Today is National Video Game Day. Again. We had that one back in July, I think. Who cares, my son will celebrate again. Today is Hug Your Hound Day. They really do give you a lot of love for just a few kibbles. Too bad people don't act that way. Today is National Boss/Employee Exchange...
  11. kelly1

September 11 - Let's Roll

On this day, ten years ago, nineteen men carried out the most frightening day of evil our generation has ever known. Nearly three thousand people, including 355 rescue workers were killed in the largest mass murder our country has ever known. The terrorists who carried out this plot intended to...
  12. kelly1

September 10 - Eatin' me spinach

Today is Swap Ideas Day. That used to get me into trouble when I was a kid. Because a couple gifted kids together can think up a whole lot more mischief than two alone... :) It's Popeye Day. Do they still show Popeye any more? It's National Suicide Prevention Day. Having lost one of my...
  13. kelly1

September 9 - Weird, huh?

Today is Wonderful Weirdoes Day. Please see this thread to share your weirdness and see what weirdness abounds with your fellow PDWs. Today is Stand Up To Cancer Day. SUTC is the Entertainment Industry Foundation charity program for funding cancer research. They're the only cancer charity...
  14. kelly1

Wonderful Weirdness

September 9 is Wonderful Weirdoes Day. So I am shamelessly ripping off this idea from another site. Please tell us three weird, unusual, uncommon, or unexpected things about you. :)
  15. kelly1

September 8- Begging your pardon

Today is World Physical Therapy Day. I'd love to hang out in a physical therapy department today. They have whirlpools, massages, lots of cool devices to play with, and usually guys who work out. :) Today is Virgin Mary's Birthday. Seriously, how do they know? My grandfather was born in 1917...
  16. kelly1

September 7 - Great Googley Moogley

Today is Neither Rain Nor Snow Day. Well, there won't be any snow, but there's definitely rain around here today. BTW when it snowed in Jacksonville in 1989, the post office got lucky. It happened to fall on a holiday weekend, so they didn't have to try to deliver mail for two days, which is...
  17. kelly1

September 6 - Quick Post

I'm running late and it's storming like crazy here. What's left of Tropical Storm Lee is passing through now, and tomorrow we get the outer bands of Katia. Animals are lining up by twos outside. Today is Fight Procrastination Day and Read a book Day. The two concepts seem counterproductive...
  18. kelly1

September 5 - Better Late Than Never

Today is International Drive Your Studebaker Day. That could be fun, if I had one. Actually, my dad was driving one when he met my mother. Of course, it's was his best friend's Studebaker, because my dad had blown up the motor in his Mustang yet again. Today is Labor Day, the official end of...
  19. kelly1

September 2 - Off with Her Head!

Today is VJ Day. I think they really meant the end of World War 2, b ut it's got me wondering whatever hapopened to Martha Quinn and Downtown Julie Brown. It's National Beheading Day. Did you know that the last legal execution by guillotine took place in France in 1939? But in 1976, the...
  20. kelly1

September 1 - Nutts, Lamb Chops, and Chicken Boys

Today is Building and Code Staff Appreciation Day. If you know any building inspectors, hug them for me. Today is Emma Nutt Day. She was the first telephone operator. Now if you call the phone company, someone named Rajesh Patel assists you in textbook Engrish. Today is Chicken Boy Day. I...