Are you ready for some Haunting-ly good fun? We are going to be going back to school to learn some techniques that will make your photos…scarier. Participants will be entered to win a $5.00 gift card at the end of each week. What do you have to do?
Follow the tutorial.
Create your own layout.
Post it in the gallery.
Post it in the forum under the correct week.
Each tutorial will be posted on Monday.
All entries must be in the forum, under the correct spot by Sunday night.
Are you ready to play?
For this weeks tutorial/ challenge, I would like you to create a misty night effect. This is simple and can be applied to your background OR your photo, giving a misty eerie feel to your layout.
1.Open your Layout
Created using Southern Creek Designs Dark Town
- Open your layout.
- In the color chips, select a nice light grey color.
- I used the color #cccccc.
2. Pick your Brush
- Get the Brush Tool.
- Choose a soft round brush from the Brush Picker.
- I chose a soft brush 500 pixels wide.
3. Create the Mist
- On a new layer, brush across the area you want to make a mist around.
- Make it jumpy and sporadic like the mist would be.
4. Add Noise
- Choose Filter>Noise>Add Noise.
- In the pop up window select 10% and Uniform
- Click OK.
5. Add Gaussian Blur
- Choose Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur.
- I chose 75.0 pixels.
- Click OK.
6. Reduce Opacity
- In the layers panel, change the Opacity to around 75%.
- This is up to you! You may choose more or less, depending on how much you want to see behind the mist.
- Your mist can be white, grey, black or somewhere in between.
Make sure you post your layout in the gallery and in the appropriate place in the forum.