Well you made it through week one of our ghastly assignment. This week we are going to be working with the photo again.
Step 1: Pick a Photo
This is a picture of my Kat, looking surprised.
- Change the picture to black and white by using the shortcut Ctrl Shift U (Mac: Cmd Shift U).
Step 2: Pick a Texture
- Take a short visit to Shadowhouse Creations. He runs a blog and hands out free textures. Be sure to say thank you if you download one of his textures.
- I used one of his textures in the Chaos/ Grunge Texture Set.
- Turn this to black and white using the shortcut Ctrl Shift U (Mac: CMD Shift U).
- Drag this texture over your photo.
Step 3: Change the Blending Mode
- In the Layers Panel change the blending mode for the texture.
- I chose Overlay.
- If want to get a deeper effect, duplicate the texture using Ctrl J (Mac: Cmd J).
- I reduced the fill of my second texture to 49%.
- Depending on your photo, you can get a truly haunted effect.
created using: Sugar Kissed Designs Boo Page Kit, Black paper is mine 🙂
Your job is to create an aged photo and use it in a layout. Post it in the gallery and in the forum under Haunting School Week 2. One person will be chosen at random to win a $5.00 GC to Persnickety Prints.